Saturday, December 27, 2008

Portrait of Yendi



This is the second portrait I've done for Phillips Academy in Andover, MA. My daughter attended PA for three years of high school. It's an amazing, academically rigorous college prep boarding school. I can't say enough good things about it. www.andover.edu

For this project, I took pictures of twelve different students, and plan to do paintings of the same. I intend to focus on the diversity of the students, and their special interests as well. Every student there has a unique and interesting life story. They are kids from all over the world. One of the PA focuses is to enroll "youth from every quarter", and they truly do. This portrait is of a girl named Yendi. It is an oil, 24" x 30". Yendi is from NYC, and is now in college, hoping to become a Doctor. She found dance at Andover, and loved it.

No comments: