Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Little Star"



To digress, I think I should show you my first "parasol painting". It is called "Little Star" and is an oil, 24" x 24". I did this painting last year after having been to Crow Fair in SE Montana. This little girl was in the opening parade. I found her beautiful, and loved the mixing of the Native American and Chinese cultures. If one cares about being historically accurate, the Indians during the Reservation Period could well have traded for something like this Chinese parasol at that time.

This painting was chosen to be in the C.M. Russell Art Auction 2008, and it won the Russell Museum CEO Award given to one auction participant! The buyer of this painting has loaned it back to the museum. It is now hanging there in a show called "Native Americans in Art" that will be up through January of 2009. I have to say that when I saw this painting on the wall recently, it is still one of my personal favorites. This painting is Sold. www.cmrussell.org

No comments: