Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas week in Montana...



Christmas is past us. We had a great day. I hope you did as well. I do have to say that I am really tired of the WEATHER here! I have spent much of the last few weeks dealing with it. Today I tried to get to town (our own ranch road / trail is 2 miles long and not maintained.) I made it half way out before really burying the truck in a deep snow drift. I spent 2 1/2 hours shoveling to get out. The wind at times was blowing so hard that it blew snow back in the tracks as fast as I could shovel. I thought I was dressed well. I wasn't. I cannot tell you how important survival gear can be at times during a Montana winter! I was cold and wet and had to keep getting back in the truck to warm up. There was no way I could have walked home without becoming hypothermic. But - I did it - I shoveled out about 25' on either side of the truck and finally backed out of there. We'll be snowed in for a few days, that's for sure. At least I'm not trying to go anywhere! These pictures were taken yesterday, the day after Christmas at our place. It was truly beautiful - until the wind started blowing, as it always does here on the east side of the Divide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was almost 80 here and christmas lights do not mix well with palm trees and sand, We are so missing the seasons! Your home looks so beautiful! Kim and Katie