Saturday, March 7, 2009

Montana Trails Gallery Explosion


This has been a tragic week. On Thursday, March 5th, an apparent gas leak in downtown Bozeman, MT. caused a horrific explosion. Three buildings were totally demolished, and many others damaged. Montana Trails Gallery was at the epicenter of this explosion. The gallery and everything in it was destroyed by the blast and subsequent fire. But much worse than that, Tara Bowman, our beloved gallery Director is feared to have been there and killed. There are no words to describe the loss and sadness so many of us feel this week.

4 comments:

car said...

so sad. I grew up in Bozeman but did not know Tara. it's just unbelievable. my thoughts are with you all...

Carly

Anonymous said...

i am so saddened too. i barely knew Tara, but when i spoke to her on occassion, she was extremely sweet and helpful, and she managed to always kept in touch with me on my favorite artist's work in the gallery. This was such a freak event in the first place--- and so sad that someone's life was taken. She will be remembered always. -Raelene Mercer

Anonymous said...

I was just told by a friend of the events. You see we live in New York and I used to work at Montana Trails back in the day, I remember helping Steve and the crew with ideas and labor to create the gallery! Those were the days. I am truely saddened by this loss! and I hope that flowers can rise from the ashes....
-Kyra

Anonymous said...

I was so sad to learn of Tara's death. I met her in the Gallery 6 years ago when my son entered MSU as a freshman. She was so warm and friendly as well as being helpful mentioning several engineering groups which my son might be interested in joining. I was of course impressed with the wonderful gallery itself and did purchase paintings over the course of visits to Bozeman. They were visits that I looked forward to to see the art work and Tara. I know the Bozeman art community will miss her and I send my deepest condolences to her family as well as the arts community.