Monday, March 23, 2009

After the fact...

I have to say that I learned a valuable lesson during this year's Russell Auction: - always paint "sofa paintings"! I had received so many positive comments on my painting, "Just One Last Touch" prior to the big event. But - the bottom line, I guess, is that it wasn't a painting people wanted to hang in their living room. I had hoped the museum or collectors might be interested in "the story" and want it for that reason, but still the market for that was pretty narrow. It did sell (I'm not sure to whom) but I came away humbled. I'm sure the economy has played a roll in this year's event as well. Many artists are REALLY feeling the pinch.

Well, we artists are a tough lot. We have to be or we'd be doing something else - like selling shoes at Walmart.

It's time for some reflection now, I guess...

No comments: